If you’re trying to add more vegetables into your diet, a simple and easy way is by roasting them. Pick a few of your favourite veggies, add some spices, mix with oil and pop it in the oven while you prepare the rest of your meal – it’s that simple!
Today I’m sharing with you a recipe for roasted cauliflower and asparagus. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s very versatile and can be paired with any meal. You can also substitute with any other vegetable(s) you prefer or just add them in addition to the cauliflower and asparagus.
Cauliflower is rich in potassium, folic acid and vitamin C, as well as many other antioxidants. This cruciferous veggie is also known to reduce the risk of cancer.
Asparagus is a great source of vitamin C, folic acid, and potassium. It also contains vitamin A, iron, calcium, magnesium, iodine, and zinc.
Let me know your favourite ways to add these nutritious vegetables in your meals in the comments below!
½ head of cauliflower
7-10 asparagus sticks
1-2 tsp thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
other flavourings, such as balsamic vinegar or lemon juice (optional)
1. Chop the cauliflower into its florets and place in a large bowl
2. Remove the bottom, light-coloured ends of the asparagus with a knife. Then, cut the asparagus into thirds (approximately) and add to the cauliflower.
3. Add thyme, salt, pepper, and oil to the bowl. Mix well with the vegetables.
4. Lay out on a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper underneath.
5. Bake at 400 F for about 15-20 minutes, or until a fork pierces through.
[cp_modal display=”inline” id=”cp_id_22840″][/cp_modal]